Droplet Dispersion with Face Masks
Visualization of Droplet Dispersion with NAC High-Speed Camera
NAC’s High-speed camera is being used for research of COVID-19 infection prevention.
The University of New South Whales, Sydney (UNSW Sydney) in Australia captured how different types of face masks work when a people speak, cough, and sneeze with the high-speed camera.
This following video compares no mask, single layer cloth, double layer, and a surgical mask. Each video was shot with NAC MEMRECAM HX-7S, which is capable of capturing full HD images (1920x1080 pixels) at 2,000fps.
Video Attribution: The University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia (UNSW Sydney)
#UNSW, #highspeedcamera, #highspeedimage, #nacimagetechnology, #MEMRECAM, #droplet, #visualization,
Contact nac for more information on the camera used to film this video.
Additional Product Details
Camera Model: NAC MEMRECAM HX-7S
Description: nac's compact, lightweight MEMRECAM HX-7s offers an astounding 5 Mega Pixel resolution at up to 850 fps, Full HD resolution at up to 2,000 fps, 1 Mega Pixel resolution at up to 3,600 fps, and so much more! The HX-7s gives the user the best possible solutions: the highest resolutions available; the highest light sensitivity available; true mobility and stand-alone performance; and ultra fast imaging.
The HX-7s is literally two cameras in one!
When it comes to reliable, high-quality, high-speed camera systems, make the safe choice with nac and you'll see the visible difference!
Unique Features of the HX-7s include:
- CMOS Sensor: 2560 X 1920—all Active Pixels
- Bit Depth: 12/10/8-bit (customer selectable)
- Electronic Shutter: 10msec to 1.1usec
- Standalone Operation: Compact, lightweight camera requires no laptop or PC for local control.
- Simultaneous Record and Download: Simultaneously record to one memory segment while downloading data from a second memory segment.
- Fast Data Download: Record to commercial off-the-shelf non-volatile HDD media at up to 500MB/sec.
- Variable Framing Profile: Test using a variety of frame rates, sequentially or in parallel.
- Versatile Recording: Burst, multi-trigger, restart-trigger and image trigger.
- A-EST Mode: High resolution timing and sync system.
- Straddle Mode: Inter-frame time for PIV applications equals 286 nanoseconds.
- Dual Segment Recording: Simultaneously record to two distinct memory segments at two different imaging speeds.
- Ultra-High Light Sensitivity
- Ruggedized for Range Use
Applications Serviced by the MEMRECAM HX-7s:
- Automotive Crash Testing
- Automotive Component Testing
- Explosives and Pyrotechnics
- Missile Launch
- Materials Testing
- Fluid Dynamics
- Flow Visualization
For all applications